Something I’ve been making while studying and started very little time before finishing my tiny cloudsEngine widget. This time it’s about ocean tides calculation.
The formula I used to calculate tides is explained here. This one is not based on latitude or longitude-based tide data, but on hours and feet. This app computes height for low and high tide in real time, registering tide data at every new setting for hour or max. or min. height value, keeping a history of tide in a HTML5 database. I developed this web-app using functions from basic templates provided by Apple Dashcode.
About the app:
- Extract the .zip content to a place on your HDD, then READ THE README FILE inside the ‘TideMonitor’ folder prior to take any other action.
- To run this, simply double-click the file ‘index.html’.
- When printing the tide history table, setting the sheet layout to horizontal is much preferable.
- WORKS in following browsers so far (EXCEPT FIREFOX: HAS NOT BEEN TESTED OR EVEN RUN WITHIN THIS BROWSER!):
- Safari 5.1 (both Win and Mac OS X), as native browser for the app.
- Chrome 13.0.782.218 (Win and Mac), although table doesn’t hide itself at all.
a. Click on this link.
b. Go to upper left (kind of menu bar), click on ‘File’, then choose ‘Download original’ from dropdown.